[mythtv] Re: crash with recent CVS

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:29:36 -0500

CC'ing you because you're on digest mode =)

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 10:02 pm, John Coiner wrote:
> some more info:
>
> * The crash happens, without changing the channel, if I press 'i' to see
> the program info.

So, it's the OSD.

> * 'filldata.cpp' is the only place in the code where we use QValueList
> stuff.
>
> Maybe this is related to the fact that I have not updated the program
> info database in eons.

It _really_ sounds like a stale dependency or something.. I've been changing
the OSD code quite a bit, and I haven't been able to get build dependencies
working properly with qmake..  The OSD object has changed size in recent
commits, and the libmythtv stuff doesn't auto-recompile when that happens.
It hopefully _should_ go away if you do a make clean..

> Now mythfilldatabase is locking up, more info on that soon...

Someone else reported this just recently, too..  Don't know what that is yet,
though.

Isaac