[mythtv] New user experiences and questions

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:49:24 -0500

On Thursday 07 November 2002 06:12 pm, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> ReplayTV will put the program into the menu as soon as it starts
> to record.  This allows the user to watch it while the recording is
> already in progresss.  And is very sweet, IMHO.

Err, mythtv lets you watch it while its recording -- just try to watch TV and
it prompts you that it's recording and asks if you want to stop recording and
watch tv, or watch the in-progress recording.

> Partial recordings suck, but they are eating disk space with no
> way for the user to easily delete them from the GUI then.
>
> I'd say insert them in the database on recording start, and then
> if it becomes partial, let the user know its partial in the GUI and
> let them delete it normally.

Sure, if that's what you all want, submit a patch to modify things so it does
that.

Isaac