[mythtv] New user experiences and questions

Brian Lund Larsen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
08 Nov 2002 09:48:18 +0100

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 00:50, Andrew Dodd wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Shawn Pearce wrote:
>

> Interesting question - I know MythTV can use remote DB connections - Is
> there any reliable way to configure MySQL to put certain tables on a
> particular part of the filesystem?  i.e. put anything MythTV related on
> the Firewire HD, and have my laptop seamlessly read the DB when I plug the
> HD into my laptop?

MySQL uses a seperate directory for each database, so you could link the
mythconverg database to a directory on the firewire HD - however I have
no idea what will happen if you remove the disk while mysql is running,
though it's proberly something bad :)

// blinx