[mythtv] Still having problems with 'mythtv' -- No Video

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:56:29 -0800 (PST)

> As I understand, the easiest way is to do:
>
> # fuser /dev/dsp
>
> Though it is possible that some of the daemons may not register on it..
> not sure, but try it out and see what's up.. You can go into KDE's control
> panel (if running KDE) and get to your sound options and disable whatever
> server you're using.. You could also run another window manager.. it is my
> experience that only the higher end window managers (kde, gnome) will run
> their own sound servers..

Man, I'm soooo close I can taste it!

I usually run gnome, but I fired up KDE and tried a few things (even
disabling the sound server entirely).  I even tried running twm as it's a
REAL basic windows manager.  Still no luck.

I'm not even sure if it's a sound problem (but Isaac seems to think it is,
and he knows a hell of a lot more about it than me!).

I have noticed that ringbuf.nuv keeps growing and growing, but I don't
have any video.

I'm so sad :(
Jeremy