[mythtv] Couple Newbie Questions

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:02:26 -0800 (PST)

>>> 2.  I've been having no luck with getting 'mythtv' working.
>>>

> on my redhat 8 system it turned out that plugging in to the "microphone
> in" jack rather than the line in (as I would have thought) solved my
> sound problems. In summary:
>
> Plug into mic in rather than line in. turn up global volume and mic in
> gain. Click mute on microphone. Click record on microphone. worked for
> me.

*** OK, before I go on too much more, I guess I should say this (and I
feel stupid for not bringing it up earlier) I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING PLUGGED
INTO THE SOUND CARD EXCEPT SPEAKER OUT!  Why?  Well, I'm just doing
testing right now before I build a better box.  I figured that I didn't
NEED to have an audio-in connection.  Does MythTV check for a valid
connection before proceeding with showing the live video stream?

Perhaps I NEED to have something plugged into line-in or mic-in?!

Jeremy