[mythtv] Remote controls again (Off Topic slightly)

Martyn Weber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:17:22 +0100

Hi,
I have a digital cable box I want to use with MythTV. Only problem is
changing channels. I know I need an IR blaster type of thing, but does anyone
have any recomendations on which one would be suitable?

The cable box is supplied by NTL and uses an IR system based on IRDA (but not
IRDA) patented by TWTV (two way TV) and doesnt respond to the normal
modulated 38Hz carrier signals (it actualy pulses at 115kHz -apparently) This
is a bit of a show stopper for my and probably a lot of UK users

thanks for any suggestions

Martyn