[mythtv] OSD features (caller id, time)

Nathan Ziarek mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:39:00 -0600

Maybe this is going too far, but if you could make that taskbar only
appear when you hit a button, you could add all sorts of functional
stuff to it: sports scores ripped from a sporting site, the current
temperature...two things I always notice is that when it storms out, I
am always in front of my computer watching the Doppler radar and when I
am watching football on Sundays I am always wanting to know what is
happening in other games. Perhaps at best stealing the Doppler radar
images from weather.com would work...and maybe you could rip the scores
from ESPN.com...although I don't know if either would be reliable in the
long run. Just some thoughts for the future, I guess...even more
mythical...

Nate