[mythtv] segfault with mithfilldatabase

Daniel Paessler mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Nov 2002 18:28:49 +0100

Am Son, 2002-11-17 um 20.19 schrieb David Klotz:
> On Son, 2002-11-17 at 19:14, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > is there a way to integrate that method into MythTV?
> > All tv_grab_de does is download those exact same xml files.
>
> ok, i didn't know that.
>
> > Both problems _could_ be worked around in mythfilldatabase, though his patch
> > pretty much fixes things in the xmltv grabber, if you have the external file
> > that contains all the <channel> entries and stuff.
>
> now i have his external channels file, which fixes tv_grab_de crashing, but
> mythfillldatabase still segfaults when i run it. :(
>
> > Isaac
>
> cya,
> david

a question:

which external channel file do you mean? where can i get it?
at the moment i see no segfault, but my output looks like it has
something to do with that channel file, here it comes:

--snip--
[paessler@iphigenie pts/4] mythfilldatabase --manual
###
### Running in manual channel configuration mode.
### This will ask you questions about every channel.
###
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
couldn't get all of 7 days, only 6
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 3SAT
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: ARD
Skipping channel.
.
.
.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: ZDF
Skipping channel.
--snip--

...snipped in the middle part. it says this about every channel, so my
database is empty after that action...

daniel
--
email: daniel@paessler.org / phone: +49 3722 83884
fax: +49 89 244365117     / web: www.paessler.org

An unknown Japanese man once said  ...
         Ama soyia aim duhanikam ianaka tsa akaneng...!
And that is why he is still unknown.