[mythtv] Help - how to patch 0.9.0-rc5 on Debian unstable?

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:06:15 -0500

--=_alternative 001D107C85256C76_=

OK, so now I'm hitting the infamous hang problem as well.  Switch channels
and the system locks up tight.  I'm using Alsa 0.9.0-rc5 (Debian unstable
binary packages).  Looks like I'll be waiting awhile for the packagers to
update to rc6 or later,  so I'm thinking about getting the Debian source
package and applying the patch myself.

I haven't worked with Debian source packages before, so can anyone provide
some tips (or better yet, a walkthru) on how to get the source package,
patch it, and build it?

Even better, anyone built an unofficial Debian binary package for the
latest Alsa?

Regards,

Dan
--=_alternative 001D107C85256C76_=

Even better, anyone built an unofficial Debian binary package for the latest Alsa?</font>
--=_alternative 001D107C85256C76_=--