[mythtv] Heads-up

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:05:11 -0500

I have my system setup to play DVDs using xine.. I think that making some
RPMs available of the XINE stuff required to play DVDs will be the best /
only way to go.. The main reason for this is that most of the DVD-playback
stuff is illicit. As for DivX playback, that shouldn't be too hard.. again,
this could use xine with a basic command line.. The only real issue from
there would be incorporating xine into the myth baseset (buttons, etc)..

Xine is just a front-end to something or the other.. One feasible solution
might be to have this MythVideo module be a frontend to that same engine..
this would make things quite a bit easier, and could even rely on the db
for some of the settings..

As for the settings module, If you could maybe pay a little bit of
attention to trying to "modularize" this thing so that people could easily
create / throw in other setup modules into the larger whole (much like
mythtv allows other modules).. For example, I have a huge interest in
creating some sort of module that helps one control the satellite..

thoughts?

tarek : )