[mythtv] XMLTV

Steven Fisher mythtv-dev@snowman.net
21 Nov 2002 17:29:20 -0500

Thanks for a wonderful app, Ill be building my own pvr now around it,
once I get it working.

Looks as though zap2it has bodged their page to confuse xmltv, ive been
getting errors all day with error message from mythfilldatabase as
follows:

----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------

checking provider information for postal/zip code 43950, be patient..
zap2it failed to give us a page: 302:Found
check postal/zip code or www site (maybe they're down)
failed 1 times, will retry after 30 seconds..

but browsing the page with a browser (mozilla) provides no problems with
the page, allowing full listings to be browsed.  Now I can do that, but
seeing as I don't really watch that much tv, and the whole idea of a pvr
is to make TV watching as lazy as possible, I must decline.

I am not a programmer, at all, and so I have no idea where to begin to
fix this, but I thought I'd call it to your attention.

Thanks