[mythtv] mythfrontend is always displayed

Patrick Landry mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:46:13 -0800 (PST)

--- Mark Jeske <mark.jeske@av.com> wrote:
> I've just gotten everything up an running on a stock
> redhat 8.0 instance
> and have one problem.  When I run mythfrontend I see
> the interface and
> can select items, etc.  However, when I choose
> 'Watch Tv', the live tv
> window doesn't display although it is running
> because I get sound and
> can change channels with the arrow keys.

I don't have my MythTV box up right now but I ran into
this and,
as Isaac guessed, I seem to recall that the window
manager was at
fault. At first I just fired up KDE instead of gnome
and MythTV
started working. Then I figured out how to change the
window
manager gnome was using (that was kind of tricky as I
remember)
and that worked too. I eventually scrapped Redhat
entirely and
went with gentoo since I figued it was a better fit
for a dedicated
PVR machine.
--
patrick