[mythtv] G400 TV-Out

Emmett Pate mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:49:08 -0500

On Friday 22 November 2002 03:13 pm, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 07:48:07AM -0500, Emmett Pate wrote:
> > Here's my question: I'm using a Matrox G400 Dual Head with the Matrox X11
> > drivers.  After starting X, I get the mythfrontend on both the CRT and
> > the TV-OUT.  However, when I select "Watch TV", the TV-OUT goes blank and
> > the Television only displays on the CRT.  Is this an additional X setting
> > or something in MythTV?
>
> Does it work if you only have the TV connected?  I don't have one of these
> cards.

I'm not quite sure how to configure it with the TV on the primary connection.
That was going to be the last step before installing the box as my primary
PVR.

It's very frustrating: mplayer will play full screen on both the CRT and TV
simultaneously, xawtv will play on one or the other (one screen is paused
while the other is live), and MythTV will only play on the CRT (the TV just
goes blank).  All of the them are started from an 'xterm' window.

Any help is *greatly* appreciated!

Emmett