[mythtv] What's this strange artifact? - green line on screen

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:28:06 -0500

--=_alternative 000D938585256C7B_=

After spending an "enjoyable" half day changing over to OSS sound drivers,
my sound and channel changing are working fine. However I have a strange
artifact visible onscreen when I view live TV or view recordings: there's
a bright green line on the right side of the display.

It's easier to show than to describe.  here's a photo of the screen:
ftp://www.brooklinesoftware.com/artifact.jpg

If I use "F" to switch out of full screen mode, the little window does not
display the artifact.  If I then press "F" again, the line on the right
side of the screen is gone and replaced with what looks like a line of
pixels from the current video image, but the line does not update.

My settings are: Width=320, Height=240 (to accomodate my poky PIII / 550)
and  I'm running KDE/KWM. Is this some window manager glitch?
I'm using rtjpec codec, but I see the same artifact using mpeg4 codec as
well.

 I'm using an old Voodoo Banshee PCI video card and a WinTV card.

Any ideas?

Dan

--=_alternative 000D938585256C7B_=

It's easier to show than to describe. &nbsp;here's a photo of the screen: ftp://www.brooklinesoftware.com/artifact.jpg</font>