[mythtv] Adelphia (was Re: New User)

Wes Biggs mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:33:06 -0800

Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> Whatever you find, keep me in the loop!  I have the same cable box and I
> need a solution for the ol' cable box channel changing problem.

Sure, no problem.  With your digital cable, can you get any channels
without going through the box?  The Adelphia site seems to say that
"non-premium" channels can be used that way, but I haven't tried it (I
guess this calls for some experimentation).  It would be nice to be able
to watch a different channel than I'm recording.. it's ridiculous how
the cable giants take away fair use in the name of progress..

Wes