[mythtv] Channel/DB Buglet?

Andrew C. Ohnstad mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:28:10 -0800 (PST)

Heya,

I changed a line in settings.txt as follows:

str TunerCardInput=Composite1

So that my tuner would start on the composite input
(the only one I have).  Now if I watch live TV the OSD
info is blank and I get the dreaded:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

However my database is set up correctly and has all
the info in it.  In fact if I bring up the EPG while
watching LiveTv, and select a program from the EPG to
watch then the OSD is magically populated again.

Does the TunerCardInput string fail to change a
setting somewhere that tells the OSD that it should be
using Composite1's channel info?

As an experiment I just used 'c' to cycle through
S-Video, TV, and back to Composite, and it still
doesn't have any channel info, but as soon as I select
a program to watch on the EPG it's back in buisness.

---A