[mythtv] Hmm, so don't use ATI AIW, and now?

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:02:40 +0100

At 25-11-02 20:36, you wrote:
>And, eh, are there any other (wannabe) users in holland? No XMLTV support
>for local stations :-(

Yes there is at least one :-)
And I wrote XMLTV compatible support for it, just an ugly perlscript that
parses www.tvgids.nl and writes an XMLTV outputfile. You don't need the
XMLTV package, it just runs by itself.

And because of the way the channels are allocated non-conformistic
frequencies, different in each city, I wrote the --xawchannels option for
mythfilldatabase, so you can use xawtv to finetune all stations you want
and import them in mythvt.

The only problem with parsing www.tvgids.nl is that you need a _lot_ of
data to scrape, for a full week only the evening and night shows I download
about 15 Mb in 1100 files. Not nice if you only have a modem or ISDN :-)
Because of that I designed the script to keep a local copy of all pages,
and when you run it a second time (mostly the next day ) it uses its local
cache for all files it kan find.

I am still improving it, if you (or anybody else) are interested you can be
betatester, contact me directly (cut off the  "nospam_").

Erik