[mythtv] mythmusic/cdparanoia question (a little OT).

Christian Morant mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:41:58 +0000

Hi,

I'm working on the ripping/encoding at the same time (and also adding cddb
info in the tables as well as other music refinments) but I would like to
know if you too have a cpu usage of 60 to 90 % while ripping an audio cd.

My machine is a : Nforce/dual bank memory/AMD XP 1800+/Toshiba DVD/CD drive
DMA enabled for all drives, +- 20 MB/s transfer for disks

Also I have another question (maybe more to isaac).

I have more or less the same hardware setup as you have but can barely
record/play at 640/400, I tried all settings to no avail.

What kernel do you use, what tweaking can I do to reach your marks, does V42L
improve THAT much the performance ?

Christian