[mythtv] A few things that work better for me...

Michael Kedl mythtv-dev@snowman.net
27 Nov 2002 21:18:24 -0000

1) I'm not sure if it is RedHat 8.0 or my ATI Radeon 7500 or what...
But, if I am viewing the TV window and hit "m" the EPG launches behind the
TV.  I finally found out what is happening on "my" system.  The XV displayed
window will only display ONE rectangle. If the video is partially covered,
there better be only ONE rectangle visible or it brings the whole window
to the front.  Since the video is offscreen on top and bottom and bigger than
800x600 on the right/bottom, I found that forcing the height of the epg
to say 700 fixes my problem.  The actual epg window is now 700, but the
drawn in area is still 800x600.  For the moment I have just hard coded
this height in, but I will try to work up a simple patch.  And of course
a flag to make this optional since I'm sure some people seem to get it
to work the way it is on their hw/distros.

2) My OSD over video doesn't time out often.
After looking thru the code it seems that totalfadeframes in osd.cpp is
unitialized for me.  I'm not sure if it's because I don't have a theme
(and why wouldn't I since I installed 0.7?) or what but in any case
its left unitialized and is some freakin huge number most of the time which
means the display will turn off in a LONG time....
I found that setting it to 0 in the constructor seems logical to me.
Say something like "totalfadeframes=0;" around line 95 of osd.cpp.
I'm not sure why other people don't see this problem.  Did I somehow
miss a theme file?  But even if I did, it should be zeroed in the
constructor instead of assuming you have some file I don't have.....

I see there is some problem when I do "make install" in the themes dir,
thats probably why I don't have a theme :-)  But it still couldn't
hurt to zero that var during init.  Since everything else worked.

Regards,
Mike