[mythtv] Question about TV out.

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:08:06 -0800 (PST)

> Awsome project! I noticed you only started 6 months ago so I almost
> didn't bother trying it out. I'm glad I did, great job so far.  This is
> the neatest thing since sliced bread.

Makes me wonder why it took so long for early people to figure out that
you could actually SLICE bread...but then again, I've always had sliced
bread.

> A little note on RH 8.0, to get XMLTV to compile and work I had to set
> my LANG.(export LANG='en_US'). That set me back a couple hours (getting
> the TV listings working anyway).

There's some great documentation being culled together.  Check it out here:
    http://www.mythtv.org/docs/

The whole RedHat "export LANG" thing is discussed in step 9:
    http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html

> My question, I have a Nvidia GeForce2 with svideo out. It works
> perfectly @ 640x480 but @ 800x600, the screen has black lines on the
> sides.  I found a cool utility NVTV that let's me correct the problem
> and the menu's of MythTV look perfect but when watching TV

Supposedly, there is a setting in the newest CVS version of MythTV that
helps "overscan" your monitor.  I believe it's in 'settings.txt' but I
haven't had a chance to dig into the latest CVS to check it out.

> however, the
> picture is all *jittery*

I had this problem when my hard drive didn't have DMA enabled.  Run hdparm
to check (ie: hdparm /dev/hda).  If it isn't enabled, you can enable it
with: hdparm -d1