[mythtv] Xv Support problems

Rory mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 04:41:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Folks,

Just installed mythtv and I am having problems watching TV. It tells me
that

'Couldn't find Xv support, exiting'

So the first thing I did was go to the mailing lista archive so I wouldn't
be wasting peoples time.

>From what I got from there was someone having this problem but when they
ran xvinfo they were told that the adapter was not present and thats not
what I got. Please see attached output from the xvinfo at the end of the
mail.

I had a look around the website and other sites to see if I could solve the
problem myself but have had no luck, I have tried switching to KDE
(don't ask for some reason that was suggested for a simliar problem) and
that did no good it just stays confused for much longer. I couldn't find a
list of support cards on the website but i include the relvant output of
lspci

01:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
01:0b.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 11)

If anyone has any ideas as to what is wrong as all the support seems to be
there but it's not finding it.

xvinfo output.
<----------snip --------------------->

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "video4linux"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 55
    operations supported: PutVideo
    supported visuals:
      depth 24, visualID 0x23
      depth 24, visualID 0x24
    number of attributes: 7
      "XV_ENCODING" (range -1000 to 1000)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -1000 to 1000)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_CONTRAST" (range -1000 to 1000)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is -157)
      "XV_SATURATION" (range -1000 to 1000)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is -8)
      "XV_HUE" (range -1000 to 1000)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_MUTE" (range 0 to 1)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_FREQ" (range 0 to 16000)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 980)
    number of encodings: 21
      encoding ID #0: "pal-television"
        size: 768 x 576
        rate: 0.020000