[mythtv] Illegal instruction with AMD K6-II

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:03:23 -0400

On Thursday 03 October 2002 07:43 pm, Jason Ford wrote:
> I've got Red Hat Linux 7.3 running on an AMD K6-II 450MHz.  I've finally
> managed to get MythTV to compile.  (I've taken copious notes that I'd
> like to share when I finally get everything working).  When I first
> tried to execute mythtv, I got an "Illegal instruction" error message. I
> determined that I needed to change -march=pentiumpro to -march=k6 in
> settings.pro.
>
> Now, when I try to execute mythtv, I get another "Illegal instruction."
> I'm a linux newbie, but I've picked up enough to try a gdb on mythtv.
> The output is below:
<snip>
> Any ideas? I found a call to emms() in libNuppelVideo/effects.cpp, where
> linearBlendYUV420 resides. To me, it was the only thing that looked like
> it could cause trouble.

Easiest thing to do would be to turn off deinterlacing in the settings file.
Otherwise, you'll need to modify libNuppelVideo/effects.cpp and stick an
#undef MMX at the top of it..  It's actually using MMX2 instructions in
there, not just MMX.

Isaac