[mythtv] Re: Next release?

Andrew M. Bishop mythtv-dev@snowman.net
11 Oct 2002 21:09:15 +0100

Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> On Sunday 06 October 2002 06:24 am, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> > Does this mean only the case where you are watching a program that is
> > also being recorded?  I certainly would like this one fixed, but I
> > would also like to see playback of a pre-recorded program stop at the
> > end.  Using the "principle of least surprise" I think that all
> > playbacks whether of live TV, in progress recordings or pre-recorded
> > material should behave the same.
>
> What should it do at the end of a totally pre-recorded program, though?  I can
> make it stop fast-forwarding at the end, but then it's going to run out of
> video to play and quit anyway..

I would like to see it paused the same as suggested by Grant Taylor
and for the same reason.

> > One other thing, I think that addition of "record every time on this
> > channel" in the EPG is great.  But the display in the EPG itself seems
> > to still list the program on all channels, not just the selected one.
> > This could be because I have "all channels" and "just this channel"
> > selected for the same program.  Can anybody else confirm this?
>
> Yup, that'd do it -- it'll see the anytime entry in the database before the
> channel-only entry, so it'll just use that.

I think my message was a bit garbled in writing it.  Can anybody who
has used "just this channel" confirm that the EPG only shows the
program on one channel.  I don't think that I have duplicate database
entries for all of the shows that I have configured this way.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb@gedanken.demon.co.uk