[mythtv] no picture, no sound ... ?

Dr. J. S. Pezaris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:13:49 -0400

Hi Isaac,

A thousand apologies for persistently misspelling your name.

   From: Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu>

   Weird.  Well, I suppose you could insert debugging statements in
   throughout the XJ::Init() function in libs/libNuppelVideo/XJ.cpp and see
   exactly where it stops..  Other than that, dunno what else to have you
   do, really.

I tracked the problem down to the "while (!foundit)" loop in
NuppelVideoPlayer::OpenFile.  It never finds the right frame.  The info on
the first few frames looks like:

    frameheader.frametype:	R
    frameheader.comptype:	T
    frameheader.timecode:	1785358954
    frameheader.packetlength:	1785358954

    frameheader.frametype:	S
    frameheader.comptype:	V
    frameheader.timecode:	0
    frameheader.packetlength:	0

    frameheader.frametype:	S
    frameheader.comptype:	A
    frameheader.timecode:	0
    frameheader.packetlength:	0

    frameheader.frametype:	V
    frameheader.comptype:	1
    frameheader.timecode:	75
    frameheader.packetlength:	41354

    frameheader.frametype:	V
    frameheader.comptype:	1
    frameheader.timecode:	109
    frameheader.packetlength:	40238

>From then on, we get a mixture of V-1 and V-2 frames interspersed with
periodic R-T, S-V, S-A frame sequences.  The R-T timecodes and packet
lengths are always the same large number, the S-V time codes increase (but
at a slower rate than the V-1/V-2 timecodes) but always have 0 packet
lengths, and the S-A time codes and packet lengths are always 0.

So, Isaac, you were absolutely correct: the player is hanging.  Does the
information above give any indication for what's going on, or where to
look?

Cheers,

	- pz.

--