[mythtv] mythtv binary error

Dave Caplinger mythtv-dev@snowman.net
15 Oct 2002 08:01:17 -0500

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 07:21, John Tapper wrote:
> I'm not sure how to find this out.
> Please inform.
>
> On Saturday 12 October 2002 12:15 am, John Tapper wrote:
> > I am using a GeForce 2 MX 200 or 400 (32 MB with TV out) card and a
> > Hauppage WinTV capture card.  I thought any card that worked with xawtv
> > would work with mythtv.  Is this not the case?

Just FYI, you just described my system :-) so yes this should all work
together.  It is not the case (yet?) that any card that works with xawtv
will work for mythtv; the important part is xv support.  However, the
GeForce 2 MX has this so you should be set (I'm assuming you downloaded
the linux drivers for the GeForce card from NVidia's site).

If you're having problems with your WinTV card, I'd definitely recommend
upgradding your bttv driver to 0.8.something and rebuilding your kernel
from source.  I'm running debian unstable and to do this I needed to go
get the "real" linux kernel source from kernel.org rather than using the
kernel-source-whatever.deb file available via apt-get.

Hope somet of this helps...

- Dave