[mythtv] more problems with mythtv :-(

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:19:53 -0700

After running and using mythtv a few times and have it running for about 1/2
hour, I can no longer run it, I get the following errors.

[root@marcus mythtv]# mythtv
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Couldn't open database
QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Cannot open DSP '', dying.
Could not detect audio blocksize
Cannot open DSP '', exitingCan't open video device:
open video:: No such file or directory
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor

[root@marcus mythtv]# mythepg
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
couldn't open db
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Odd, if I start up a new terminal window it works fine, just the current
windows give the errors above.

Also when playing back, there is no sound. When I was watching tv earlier
with mythtv, it looked like the audio and video were out of sync, the audio
was ahead of the video.  You'd hear them say something, then a second or 2
later, you'd see them mouth the words.

I realize now that the audio was coming in, in real time, it's the video that
is out of sync with the audio.  This is coming through the composite input on
the tv card from the vcr tuner. If I turn off the vcr tuner and rewind the
video in mythtv, there is no accompanying audio.

Any suggestions? I am so close to PVR nirvana, I can almost taste it ;-)