[mythtv] setup problem

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:04:00 -0800

On 27 Oct 2002 at 12:46, mythtv.3.ohthetrees@spamgourm wrote:

> [root@freevo setup]# ./setup
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> couldn't open db
> [root@freevo setup]#
Thats likley because it can't find the right path to the sql driver. On
Mandrake 8.2, it will be somewhere under /usr/lib/qt3, specifically

/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers

doing an ls there gives you

[sibbleh@marcus sqldrivers]$ ls
core  libqsqlmysql.so*  libqsqlodbc.so*  libqsqlpsql.so*

> my best guess is that it is because the QT version that ships with Red
> Hat isn't compiled with mysql support (and perhaps thread support?).
Possibly, try doing a search (use locate if installed and database is up to
date) for the libqsqlmysql.so and note where that directory is.

Then do
export QTDIR=/path/to/your/qt-libs

> The problem is this, I can't test that because when I try to compile my
> own QT the compile fails (see below) and I can't find a pre-compiled
> rpm that includes mysql and thread support.
based on your errors below it looks like you might be missing a development
library or 2. Pop on over to http://rpmfind.net and do a search for qt3, I
think you'll find what you need there (in rpm or srpm form). That's how I got
a nice source rpm for qt3 that compiles nicely on my mdk 8.2 and 8.1 boxen.

If you get a source rpm (srpm or src.rpm), basically as root you'd do:

rpm --rebuild sourcerpmname.src.rpm, it'll run for a while, took about an
hour on my athlon 1.4g system and near the end of the output it will mention
1 or 2 rpms in a directory. Under mdk that was /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i686.
Install those 2 rpm's and you should be good to go.  I had to use --force on
my mdk box as I had installed older/other precompiled versions of the libs.

Anyhow, this should give you a bit of info to get started, I am sure other RH
users will pipe up with further details.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting