[mythtv] MythRadio?

Nathan Ziarek mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:31:06 -0600

I like the idea of MythRadio more as a feature of internet streaming
(from ShoutCast) than of an FM tuner in the PC...if it could do both,
that would be great. I've always thought that streaming internet Music
from a source like ShoutCast would be ideal for a project like this.

--
Nathan Ziarek
http://www.ziarek.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net [mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]
On Behalf Of Michael Arick
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 7:06 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv] MythRadio?

Hey Isaac (et al):

Is there room for another one?  I've just started work on something I'm
tentatively calling MythRadio.

The idea is that it would be a Myth-component for web-based radio
streams and  FM and AM radio through a radio tuner card.  My idea for
the front-end is that it would look something like a car radio, with
presets, a scan button, seek buttons, and tune up/down buttons (which
would probably be disabled in HTTP mode).  My girlfriend has started
designing this (the front end) for me.

I'd like to include, as well, some code to grab streams metadata off
shoutcast (or the like) so the seek button can do something interesting
(we always called it radio roulette in high-school).

Any thoughts?

-Michael

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 15:59, Randy Page wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 04:49 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> > After see posts like this:
> > > Anyone know what's happening with mythweb?  The last commits I see
in
> > > CVS are  about 4 weeks old...... Is it dead or what?
> >
> > I just have to ask the question:  what ARE the Myth components?
MythTV,
> > MythMusic, MythGame, MythWeb, etc?!
> >
> > I know about MythTV, and can pretty much figure out MythMusic, but
what is
> > MythGame and MythWeb?  Any plans for MythDishwasher or
MythAbsOfSteel?