[mythtv] Hauppage remotes

Randy Page mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:44:42 -0700

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 07:50 pm, tarek Lubani wrote:
> You could probably use your own TV or whatever remote, since LIRC is
> indifferent if the IR receiver works..

Yeah I know.  I'm REALLY lazy though :-).  Like I mentioned, I do have a
homebrew serial reciever I could use, and in the end it would give me much
more flexibility, but hey that laziness thing keeps coming into play.

I actually have a really nice sony rm-60 remote that would be perfect, I used
it for years.  But I lost the config files for it, and since it is a
'universal' remote I've forgotten what type of tv, cd-player, tuner, etc I
told lirc it was when I set it up. I just want to avoid setting up lirc for
it.  I've had trouble with lirc and devfs for a while now, although mdk 9
comes with lirc (happy surprise!).

Thanks though.  I'll get into it this weekend.  I've got enough funtionality
from the hauppauge remote to be able to watch tv etc.

Is there a list somewhere of the current key commands that myth understands?
That would really help when building the lircrc file.

Have a nice evening...

Randy