[mythtv] That's interesting: WinTV PVR USB has a working linux driver

GrandMasterLee mythtv-dev@snowman.net
29 Oct 2002 22:53:23 -0600

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 14:24, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> Isaac, is there anything in mythtv that currently locks in nupple /
> mpeg4?  I'm assuming that if libavcodec is able to decode it, then
> (somehow) the data could get displayed.  Do I have that thinking
> right?

Is there anything preventing MythTV from using MPEG2 codec? There's an
encoder/decoder over on SourceForge I believe. It's a bit old, but it
does work. A friend of mine is using it right now.