[mythtv] strange OSD problem

Emil Friis mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:58:48 -0800 (PST)

It would almost seem like it is Gentoo related. I also
use Gentoo and have only had the defaultOSD showing. I
just downloaded the latest CVS version and I get this:

Couldn't find osdtheme: defaultosd

Or if I set it to use blue:

Couldn't find osdtheme: blue at
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/blue

I also just noticed that I get this error when doing
make install:

make[1]: Entering directory '/root/CVS/MC/themes'
cp -f -pR  "blue" "/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes"
strip "/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/"
strip: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes: Is a directory
make[1]: *** [install_themes] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving Directory `/root/CVS/MC/themes'

I guess this is the reason it can't find the themes,
but what is causing the error?

-Emil

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 October 2002 01:04 am, Patrick Landry
> wrote:
> > I just configured a gentoo linux system for MythTV.
> > previously
> > had installed it on a RedHat system. The only
problem
> > I have under
> > gentoo is with OSD. When I change channels in MythTV
> > the
> > program information shows up centered at the bottom
of
> > the screen
> > but I do not see the channel information or the
> > network logo. When
> > I pause the video I do not see the progress
indicator.
> > When I change
> > channels using the numeric keypad I do see the
digits