[mythtv] Thoughts on encoder farms / distributed capturing and viewing

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:03:02 -0700

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 03:49:16PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 October 2002 10:57 am, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>
> > o  Partial deletes.  I know that you mentioned commercial cutting,
> > but I'm interested in "delete up to this point".  Say I have a 2 hour
> > recording, and I've already watched 1 hour of it.  I want to free up
> > the disk space by deleting the first hour.
>
> Once the ability's there to remove segments of the video, this'd be easy..
> The hard part's rewriting the file, really.

There are already some good editing and transcoding tools out there, even a
commercial removal tool or two, if we could get the recording into a format
that standard tools understand (and back).   Is there any information
availble about the format MythTV is currently using (aside from the fact
that it is modified nupple video)?

--
Ray