[mythtv] Up and running; notes, tv-out, projects, etc...

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:51:27 -0400

> I just adjusted the picture size in my TV's service menu.

Ah, but that's cheating ;)

Thing is, that mythtv is "channel 3" in my house, and channels 2,4-99
are the regular cable feed.  So if I make the picture bigger, the
other channels get cropped.  And vice-versa...

It's only slightly odd-looking, so I guess I'll just live with it
until the nv-tv-out gang groks geforce4 tv out chips.  Or just bail on
standard TV...

> Yeah, they probably should be.  Might break the epg, though, since
> that's all "hand" drawn.

I made those bigger and it appears to "just work".  They wrap within
the boxes and truncate and all that...

Oddly, one guide is now big (the "select stuff to record" one) and the
other (under live tv) isn't.  Maybe it's a scaling thing again,
although the epg isn't transparent, so I don't see why it would be
drawn at video resolution...

>>  - Similarly, the "preview" window in the "watch recordings" listing

> Easy to modify.  Making it bigger might take more CPU time, though,
> what with the video playing through Qt and all.

Oh, I thought it was just a green square with an overlay from a player
thread.

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
    Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/