[mythtv] Problems getting Mythtv to show a picture.

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:26:23 -0400 (EDT)

I played with the sample settings with no luck, I finally found
out one of the problems.  I started looking through the output of strace
and realized it was opening /dev/dsp and hanging.

I killed artsd and it now gets past that point.  I'm still unsure why xmms
can open /dev/dsp and other programs can't when artsd is running.

Now I'm getting an error about Xv.

Sometimes I see a window flash on the screen, sometimes not.
xvinfo still shows what I pasted in a previous email.

#mythtv
Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Probed: Composite3
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
using rtjpeg
strange error flushing buffer ...
problem setting sample rate, exiting
Couldn't find Xv support, exiting

I'm guessing my old nVidia is junk and I need to upgrade to a newer better
supported card.  I'll try to pick up an ATI 7500 this weekend and see if
it's Xv support is better.

> Sorry, forgot the most obvious..
>
> #mythtv
> Probed: Television
> Probed: Composite1
> Probed: S-Video
> Probed: Composite3
> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> setting sample rate failed, exiting
> Could not detect audio blocksize
> using rtjpeg
>
> It just sits at this point until I hit ctrl-C.
>
> --Anton
>

>> On Monday 09 September 2002 11:03 pm, aolsen@lr2.com wrote:
>>> Greetings!
>>>
>>> I've read the entire archive and have seen similar problems, but none
of the solutions seem to work.

>>> xawtv works great, video, audio, and tuner work.
>>>
>>> mythtv doesn't show any video but I can hear TV audio.  It just sits
there waiting for me to hit ctrl-C.