[mythtv] Channels being modified not reflected, other things

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:14:34 -0400

On Saturday 14 September 2002 03:11 pm, Joe Drew wrote:
> Right now, my local cable provider has rearranged some of the channel
> line-up: some channels have been added, others moved around, one or two
> re-named. It'd be nice if MythTV recognised this in the to_mysql script,
> and updated things appropriately. As it stands now the channels which
> have been changed aren't showing up, and the old channels have no data
> in the mythtv lineup.
>
> (Really, what I'd like to have happen is that I can edit the channel
> line-up in my xmltv config file, and have mythtv reflect that line-up,
> with any deleted channels removed and any added/changed channels changed
> as well.)

Send in a patch to CVS -- filling the database has been reworked completely
(ie, c++ instead of perl), but I'm sure that it still won't deal with
channels gone missing.

> As well, it seems that programs which have "record this program every
> time it's on" get changed to "record only this program" when you view
> them on later days. Really, there are a number of inconsistencies
> between what is recorded and what is listed as going to be recorded -
> but I'll go through and look at this in detail when the next version is
> released, just in case it's been worked on.

Why not grab current CVS, see if it still acts funny, and fix it?  Probably be
the easiest thing to do, rather than waiting until the next release (which
will probably be at least a couple more weeks).

Isaac