[mythtv] Configuration files

Brian A. Vance bvance at egenera.com
Thu Apr 3 09:31:11 EST 2003

I'm still don't understand why the mysql.txt can't be sucked into the
setup, eliminating the need for the file all together.

The first screen that comes up during setup would be a question asking
about the location/login for the mysql database.  User could enter the
info, a connection would be attempted, and poof, you're on to the
setup.  If you failed to login, alert the user and try again.  After a
successfull connection, mysql info could be written to a local file for
later retrieval.

If I have a few spare cycles I'll prob take a look at making this
happen.

-Beev