[mythtv] Configuration files

Brian A. Vance bvance at egenera.com
Thu Apr 3 11:46:09 EST 2003

> So what you are sugesting is that setup check for a conf file if not
> there ask where to find the mysql database then create said file.  Isn't
> that unknown conf file what mysql.txt is doing already without the
> useful setup screens which can be added later.  Granted I think that
> changing mysql.txt to mythtv.conf in the /etc dir might make some since
> as that is the unix way of doing thing and maybe someone will submit a
> patch to do that or Issiac might want to do it himself if it is a simple
> patch.

Personally, I don't really mind hand editing a file.  I just think going
forward it would be nice to configure *everything* from within a single
menu.  This would fall into the 'ease-of-setup' catagory and isn't
really a high priority.  Although it should be noted that I've seen
quite a few questions come accross the wire as a result of not
finding/editing mysql.txt

-Beev