[mythtv] mplayer + nuv/(mpeg4|rtjpeg) patch

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:54:11 EST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:06:02 -0500, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> If you're just going to do straight transcoding from rtjpeg to mpeg4 and
> keeping things in the .nuv format, this can be done quite easily within
> libmythtv -- see the commented out ReencodeFile() function in
> NuppelVideoPlayer.  It's using an older version of the libavcodec API so
> would need to be updated, and it'll also need to be updated to handle the
> newer modified .nuv file format I'm using.  But, should be pretty easy to
> update it.  You don't need to worry about a/v sync at all, since you'd
> just
> be doing a straight copy, aside from transforming the video frames into
> another format and updating the appropriate headers.
>
> Isaac

Wow.  Very cool.  I wish I had noticed that while surfing through the
code :)  Well after an hour or so of tinkering, I can now transcode
rtjpeg to mpeg4 (obviously staying in the NUV format).  The output
currently looks very phychadelic (any motion results in things warping
around), but that is likely due to the quick hacks I did to get
ReencodeFile up and running.  I'll work on fixing it up I guess.

Thanks!
.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer