[mythtv] NEW MythPlugin functionality (PATCH)

Wed Apr 9 17:11:34 EDT 2003

> > Excellent idea.
> >
> > Do you think this is a sensible way to add other stuff like audio or video
> > filters to the tv as well?  Running a denoise filter (temporal for
> > preference) for example on analogue tv would be pretty CPU heavy, but
> > should give a pretty big increase in compression (as well as looking
> > better)
>
> You mean like how it already supports running arbitrary filters on the video
> in either the encode or decode pipeline?

Yeah OK, that would do it... :-)

I haven't looked for myself, but is this implemented as a compiled in option or is it scriptable?  I would see the point of the plugin architecture as being the way you make running arbitrary filters scriptable rather than hardwired.  (or any other stuff inserted dynamically)

However, I clearly haven't researched this first, so please ignore if this is way off target