[mythtv] System-wakeup

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.com
Wed Apr 9 11:44:07 EDT 2003

From: Christian Hoenig <me at christianhoenig.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:27:40 +0200
> I was working on auto shutdown and wakeup for mythtv. Unfortunately those guys
> in the states don't care about their power consumption ;-) , so Isaac didn't
> care very much about my patch.

Well, in California we do.  Ever since I got a $500 power bill, I've
cared more about it.

I tried setting up all of the power management features I could find
in Linux, and then I noticed mythtv doing a sql query every second.
*sigh*  The system doesn't sleep.  I wonder if we could setup a better
mechanism than the database for events.

regards,
Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it."  -- Donald Knuth