[mythtv] [MythWeb] charset encoding

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Apr 10 20:20:59 EDT 2003

In banner.php, there currently is a line (IIRC):

print("\t\t<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Content-Type\" CONTENT=\"text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1\">\n");

That is unnecessary and wrong:

     * I think MythTV uses UTF-8 in the database (at least that's what my
       converter for Germany causes now ;-) and it works fine in the
       MythTV frontend, the umlauts appear correctly there), so all
       umlauts appear garbled in MythWeb if using iso-8859-1.
     * You can use header() to set the chatset directly in the header
       where it belongs. In fact, Mozilla ignored the http-equiv.

You can simply remove that above line and add
header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8");
Umlauts appear correctly for me, then.

Greetings,

Ben