[mythtv] MPEG4 files

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Thu Apr 10 18:39:37 EDT 2003

 > But, I want to take recordings from MythTV and re-encode
 > them into some other format, or modify the resolution or
 > bitrate and I can't seem to get mencoder to do anything
 > with the Myth files other than "copy" the stream, which
 > means it hasn't changed anything.
 >
 > Am I missing something, or is this just "the way it is"
 > (for now, I hope)?

It works for me. In fact, it works great for me. In fact, I've made some
code which does the majority of the work. I've got some cleanup I want
to do first, and some more testing, and then I'm going to release it.

I say testing, because I've not yet gotten mythtv0.8 compiled and
installed yet. Last one I've been working with is over a month old CVS,
and I want to make sure this script still works with it. That, and I'm
using mplayer0.9.0rc5, and not 0.9.0, so I've got to compile and test
that too.

However, I'm hoping to release it on Monday, so you can decide for
yourself what can and can't be done.

TTYL