[mythtv] Advise visualization

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Sat Apr 12 02:51:49 EDT 2003

Hello,

For awhile I've been privately maintaining a patch that provides Live TV
with no audio as a visualization in mythmusic.

It works but the code is less then ideal and needs changes to be
contributed.

It has a small modification to the TV class adding a SetNoAudio function
(which just sets a flag to call nvp->SetNoAudio instead of initializing
the audio output device).  It also requires including the mythtv related
libraries etc.

Currently, in the visualization constructor I create a TV object and do
the call the related tv stuff.  I realize this isn't the best place for
it.

Within the framework of a visualization any suggestion on how I layout
the code?  Should I do this as a visualization.

I've attached the main visualization routine so you can get a grip on
the hack I've been doing.  Anyone who sets me on the path of the
straight and narrow is appreciated.

I haven't bothered to attach a complete patch, as its not worthy.

Suggestions, caveats, and comments are welcome.

Brent Hills.