[mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Sat Apr 12 13:34:10 EDT 2003

Tony Clark wrote
> On Saturday 12 April 2003 20.02, Chris Palmer wrote:
> > so...  help me understand the european tv system a little better.
>
> The concept of channel numbers is foriegn in Europe.  You could think of it as
> slots I guess.
> Slot 1 tuned to channel SE16
> Slot 2     "			"	E11
> My neighbour  Likes it a little different, we both use the same cable.
> Slot 1				E5
> Slot 2				SE16
> I think you can find out the frequencies from the bttv documentation.  It may
> also have other info about different countries.  Here is a bit from my .xawtv

..snip..
> [TV4]
> channel = E6
> capture = on
>
> [ZTV (E8)]
> channel = E8
> capture = on

So... what are "TV4" and "E6"?  Is "TV4" the station identifier
that the broadcaster says they are (like "CNN" or "HBO")?  And
is "E6" the "channel" (though, not a number) that uniquely maps
to the frequency?

Also, does "E6" exist all over europe, even though there might
be a different station there with different cable providers?

I'm guessing, but do your TV's (real TV's, not Myth/xawtv) then
have numbers for the "slots"?  Is it something like this?

TV slot -> freq num -> station
1 -> E6 -> TV4
2 -> E8 -> ZTV
3 -> SE16 -> CNN

so, to watch ZTV, you change to "2" on your TV remote?

-Chris