[mythtv] Volume resetting

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sun Apr 13 18:37:19 EDT 2003

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 04:21  PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Well, when I exit LiveTV mode or exit playing back a recorded program,
> my
> new volume settings (if I changed them while watching tv/video) do NOT
> get saved anywhere currently.

I think we're failing to communicate here. Right now, Myth *explicitly*
  resets the volume back to default values when starting to play video
(see MC/libs/libmyth/volumecontrol.cpp). If it did _nothing_ (which is
what my 1-line patch makes it do), then the volume that you last set is
kept. This doesn't require any new features or storing the volume in
the database or anything like that.

James