[mythtv] Volume resetting

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Apr 13 19:18:23 EDT 2003

I know exactly what you're describing.  It looks like though if you do that,
then why even store the volume in the database like it does now?  I was
describing what I think would make sense and would accomplish what you want
also.  Myth would automatically reset the volume to whatever you had the
volume set to last time you used Myth.  My proposal would fix your problem
and also make Myth act more like a regular TV or stereo since it would
record the new volume in the database anytime you changed it.

> On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 04:21  PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Well, when I exit LiveTV mode or exit playing back a recorded program,
> > my
> > new volume settings (if I changed them while watching tv/video) do NOT
> > get saved anywhere currently.
>
> I think we're failing to communicate here. Right now, Myth *explicitly*
>   resets the volume back to default values when starting to play video
> (see MC/libs/libmyth/volumecontrol.cpp). If it did _nothing_ (which is
> what my 1-line patch makes it do), then the volume that you last set is
> kept. This doesn't require any new features or storing the volume in
> the database or anything like that.
>
> James

Chris