[mythtv] DB Schema Suggestions

Michael Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 11:24:25 EDT 2003

Okay, time for me to suggest some alterations to the schema, just
because I can find a decent use for them.

Mainly, I'm working on some glue between mythtv and mencoder in the form
of a perl script. I'll be posting the current version today sometime
before 2300GMT, and am pondering some of the next batch of updates to be
done (yes, already doing so). Some items which would be good to store
would be the following (on a per recording basis):

archiving - boolean - Should this recording be set up for archiving?
output filename - text - name of the file which should be output after
re-encoding
video bitrate - integer - bitrate of the output video (in kbs)
audio bitrate - integer - bitrate of the output audio (in kbs)
output resolution - string - resolution of the output video

New default settings which could be considered
archival video bitrate
archival audio bitrate
archival output resolution

These settings would allow for defaults and for recording specific
items. What does everybody think? Should I implement them?