[mythtv] DB Schema Suggestions

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 14:18:25 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:32:16PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> I won't be accepting anything into the main tree that takes recordings
out of
> a format that's playable by mythtv.  That's functionality that's best
left to
> a completely separate tool.

Entirely justified. However, it's worth considering that the output
would, very definitely, be playable my mythvideo. Furthermore, it has
uses which go along with the transcoding options being worked out right
now (for instance: transcoding could also be used to transcode to a
format suitable for long term archiving). Obviously, I can't (and won't)
demand these changes, but they are still useful to consider adding in.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: