[mythtv] Combining mythtv and mythmusic

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Mon Apr 14 13:05:44 EDT 2003

Would there be support to combine mythtv and mythmusic into one?

I was thinking along the lines of modifying mythfrontend to have the
ability to play music within the menus and switch the sound between
music and TV/recordings at any time it makes sense with a keystroke.

I like the ability to watch TV within mythmusic (the patch I submitted)
but sometimes I would like to briefly toggle the music off and the TV
sound back on.

I think the music screens and visualizations are still necessary and
good.  I just want the ability to flip on mythmusic sound anywhere.

Would these kind of changes be considered?

I don't mind maintaining my existing patch for myself.  But this would
require more work to keep up to date and I don't want to work towards it
if it wouldn't be considered.

Brent Hills.