[mythtv] Fw: [mythtv-users] Myth is locking soundcard andpreventing fullduplex operation

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Wed Apr 16 00:20:59 EDT 2003

> > On a slightly unrelated note I have a full set of gentoo ebuild scripts
for
> > getting the latest cvs which are either verbatim from those posted by
> > others on this list, or lightly tweaked.  Would you be interested in
> > hosting this compilation on the main mythwebsite?  I can put them up
> > somewhere else if there is deman
>
> If you could host them somewhere else that would be great, I have a Gentoo
box lying around.

It occurs to me that there is little downside if the ebuilds were to add
debug symbols...?  ebuilds are very convenient if you have a gentoo box, a
bit like rpm's but with much more flexibility and power, plus they come from
the latest source.  Another nice bit is that apart from a slight hiccup with
XMLTwig you can just write "ebuild mythtv-cvs" and the whole lot unfolds on
your machine including dependencies where required - very nice!

These are all other people's ebuild scripts though, so no credit here,
however, I added a mythgame one based on one of the other ebuilds.  I will
investigate how to add debug symbols as part of the ebuild and make them
available somewhere.